Note: Some of the following problems are extensions to the problems you have solved in HW2. You may reuse your source codes as the basis.
A FIR filter output, ‘y’ can be defined by the following equation:
Here, ‘y’ is the filter output, ‘x’ in the input signal and ‘b’ is the filter coefficients. ‘N’ is the filter order. The higher the value of N is, the more complex the filter will be.
Given the following code segment of a a 4 tap FIR Filter.
- Read the above FIR implementation, draw the filter diagram. Your answer should be something like
- Simulate the above code segments, submit the snapshot of waveform.
- Outline your method to estimate the throughput, latency, and the timing of this FIT filter accordingto logic diagram.
- Use Vivado to simulate the design, use real numbers to compute the throughput, latency, and thetiming of this FIT filter.
- To save energy, rewrite the code by rolling-up the design, now you are required to use only 1 FF and1 multiplier.
- Submit the logic diagram of your new design.
- Use Vivado to simulate this roller-up design, use real numbers to compute the throughput, latency,and the timing of this FIT filter.
- Compare the results of (e) and (d), summarize the differences.