In this module/week’s homework assignment, you will complete 2 exercises that will allow you to practice your skill on the topic of accessing databases that you learned about in the Reading & Study materials for this week.
- Refer to the Homework Grading Rubric before you begin this assignment.
- Complete the detailed instructions for each exercise included in the sections below. For each exercise, begin with a new Java project.
- As you write your code, provide all pertinent documentation in the form of JavaDoc comments for all classes and methods.
- All class-level comments must include a description of the class along with your name and links to any outside resources you used (other than the textbook) while writing your code.
- Each method must also have a comment that indicates the purpose of the method and, if applicable, the purpose of all parameters and return value.
- Additional in-line comments must be used to explain complex algorithms or unique solutions to the problem.
- Print, sign, and scan (or take a photo of) the Pledge of Academic Integrity.
- After you have completed the exercises for this assignment, submit the following via the Blackboard submission link: a digital copy of your signed pledge sheet, a compressed folder containing your code, and any additional written requirements specified below. Failure to submit a signed pledge of academic integrity for this assignment will result in an automatic grade of zero (0) for this assignment.
Using the techniques shown in the Reading & Study materials, create a Java application that performs the following queries on the books database:
- Select all authors from the Authors table.
- Select a specific author and list all books for that author. Include each book’s title, year, and ISBN. Order the information chronologically.
- Select a specific title and list all authors for that title. Order the authors alphabetically by last name and then by first name.
- Provide 2 additional queries of your own choosing that you feel would be appropriate for the books database.
Create a Java GUI application that allows the user to perform the tasks below on the books database. The user must be able to enter new data and edit existing data using a graphical user interface.
- Add a new author.
- Edit the existing information for an author.
- Add a new title for an author. (Remember that the book must have an entry in the AuthorISBN table).