In this module/week’s homework assignment, you will complete 2 exercises that will allow you to practice your skill on the topic of generic methods and classes that you learned about in the Reading & Study materials for this module/week.
- Exercise 1
- Write a generic method that compares its 2 arguments using the equals method and returns true if they are equal and false otherwise. Ensure that the name of your method includes your last name.
- Use your generic method in a program that tests it with a variety of built-in types such as Object or Integer.
- Take a screenshot of your output and paste it into a new Word document under an “Exercise 1” heading.
- Below the screenshot in the Word document, briefly discuss the results that you saw when you ran the program. Did you see what you expected to see? Why or why not?
- Write a generic class Pair which has 2 type parameters, F and S, representing the type of the first and second elements of a pair respectively.
- Add get and set methods for the first and second elements of the pair.
- Override the toString() method to display the first and second values of the pair in a format of your choosing.
- Use the Pair class in a program that creates an ArrayList of 10 Pair objects containing values of your choosing. The program will then print the string representation of each Pair to System.out (i.e., use the toString() method).
- Take a screenshot of your output and paste it into the Word document you created for the first exercise, but place the screenshot under a header for “Exercise 2.”