A county collects property taxes on the assessment value of property, which is 60 percent
of the property’s actual value. If an acre of land is valued at $10,000, its assessment
value is $6,000. The property tax is then 75C for each $100 of the assessment value.
The tax for the acre assessed a t $6,000 will be $45. Write a program that asks for the
actual value of a piece of property, then displays the assessment value and property tax.
In your calculations for your output screenshot, use the value of $100,000 as the user’s input.
Last month Joe purchased some stock in Acme Software, Inc. Here are the details of
- The number of shares that Joe purchased was 1,000.
- When Joe purchased the stock, he paid $45.50 per share.
- Joe paid his stockbroker a commission that amounted to 2 percent of the amount
he paid for the stock.
Two weeks later, Joe sold the stock. Here are the details of the sale:
- The number of shares that Joe sold was 1,000.
- He sold the stock for $56.90 per share.
- He paid his stockbroker another commission, that amounted to 2 percent of the
amount he received for the stock.
Write a program that displays the following information:
- The amount of money Joe paid for the stock.
- The amount of commission Joe paid his broker when he bought the stock.
- The amount that Joe sold the stock for.
- The amount of commission Joe paid his broker when be sold the stock.
- Display the amount of profit that Joe made after selling bis stock and paying the
two commissions to his broker. (If the amount of profit that your program displays
is a negative number, then Joe lost money on the transaction.)
In your output screenshot use the actual numbers provided to display the amount of profit Joe made.