What UID and PID have the highest amount of physical memory a process has used and is not swapped out? Show all processes and full output.
If using a long listing and no process modifiers, what is the swap space amount for the bash command?
• When using top command, what command would you use to kill a process?
You can press k (for kill) and then enter the PID (process ID) of the process you would like to kill. To exit top, press q. If you know the PID, which you can get from top, you can use the kill command in a regular terminal by entering kill -9 PID
• If you were not using top command, what command would you use to kill a process?
• What command would you use to manually mount the standard CD-ROM device /dev/db1 at /media/disk?
• What command would you use to display the amount of available disk space on /dev/db1 in a human readable form?
Df –h /dev/db1
• Type in the command grep – – help to access the help manual. Using this information and the information from the text, how would you write a command to find the pattern 111 in a file called myfile.txt?
Grep –irna “111” myfile.txt