Lab Overview – Scenario/Summary
You will code, build, and execute a program that requires sequential files to create an address database.
- Continue using a menu system with console applications
- Be able to write a console application
- Demonstrate entering, appending, storing, and retrieving records
- Be able to write lines of output to a text file in order to create a report
|Step||Program Listing and Output||45|
- Lab Steps
If you are using the Citrix remote lab, follow the login instructions located in the iLab tab in Course Home.
Locate the Visual Studio 2010 icon and launch the application.
|Step 1: Requirements: An Address Database|
|Create a C++ console application that will store and retrieve names and addresses in a text file.
The program should do the following.
Build upon the code below to complete the assignment.
|Step 2: Processing Logic|
Using the pseudocode below, write the code that will meet the requirements.
The pseudocode for the writeData function is shown below.
The program input should appear similar to this.
The file structure should look like this.
The file output should appear similar to the following.
|Step 3: Create a New Project|
|Create a new project and name it LAB7. Write your code using the processing logic in Step 2. Make sure you save your program.|
|Step 4: Compile and Execute|
|a) Compile your program. Eliminate all the syntax errors.
b) Build your program and verify the results of the program. Make corrections to the program logic, if necessary, until the results of the program execution are what you expect.
|Step 5: Print Screenshots and Program|
1. Capture a screen print of your output. (Do a print screen and paste into an MS Word document.)
2. Copy your code and paste it into the same MS Word document that contains the screen print of your output.
3. Save the Word document as Lab07_LastName_FirstInitial.
|END OF LAB|