- What are the largest and smallest unsigned numbers that can be expressed with 10 bits?
What are the largest and smallest signed numbers that can be expressed with 10 bits?
- Convert the hexadecimal number F9A5 to binary and then from binary convert it to octal.
- Convert decimal 39.375 to binary and hexadecimal.
- Express the following numbers in decimal: (11010.1001)2, (18.5)16, and (37.24)8
- Add and multiply the following numbers without converting them to decimal
(a) Binary number 1101 and 111.
- Obtain 1’s and 2’s complement of the following binary numbers
(a) 10101011 (b) 01001110 (e) 00000000
- Convert decimal +54, -54, -25, and +25 to binary using enough digits to accommodate the numbers. Then perform the binary equivalent of (+54) + (+25), (+54) + (-25), (-54) + (+25), and (-54) + (-25). Convert then answers back to decimal and verify that they are correct.
- Convert decimal 256 and 325 to BCD codes, and perform their addition using the BCD codes.
- Convert the characters “8Ce3” to ASCII codes. Append an odd parity bit to each letter at the left.
- The following is a string of ASCII characters whose bit patterns have been converted into hexadecimal for compactness: 4A EF 68 6E 20 C4 EF E5. Of the 8 bits in each pair of digits, the leftmost is a parity bit. The remaining bits are the ASCII code.
(a) Convert to bit form and decode the ASCII.
(b) determine the parity used: odd or even.