A large, fast-food chain unveiled a new touch screen register for its franchises. Each cashier was assigned a user id and password combination to log in to the register. The system allowed the incorrect password to be entered four (4) times before the register would lock and require a manager to unlock it with a key card. To prevent unauthorized access, the registers would lock after three (3) minutes if the screen was not touched. When the register locked, only the cashier who was logged in prior to it locking could unlock it without a system restart.
Write a five to eight (5-8) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the new system and determine the design issues with this new system.
- Describe how you would correct the design issues with the system to make the restaurant managers happy.
- Create a design plan that:
- Lists and explains the tasks associated with improving this interface.
- Contains at least six (6) tasks.
- Includes realistic time estimates for each task to be completed.
- Analyzes the development of the system in your plan.
- Analyzes the testing of the system in your plan.
- Analyzes the implementation of the system in your plan.
- Examine how this system balanced security and usability, and explain the challenges of incorporating system security and system usability into a design.
- Suggest changes that could be made to the security of this system to still meet security objectives but make the system more usable.
- Use Microsoft Visio or an open source alternative, Dia, to create a graphical representation of your proposed interface. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
- Describe the usability properties of interactive systems.
- Describe the inherent design issues across HCI environments
- Develop an interface `
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human-computer interaction.
- Write clearly and concisely about HCI topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.