Today, there are many laws that address different acts of computer crimes. Select one of the laws presented in Chapter three (3) or four (4) of the textbook.
Write a 3-4 page paper in which you:
- Identify the chosen law and evaluate its impact on society in the U.S. and / or global environment.
- Describe the penalties and fines that exist for offenders of the selected law.
Research the Internet for news articles and judicial cases that provide details on how this law was exercised and realized convictions.
- Analyze the effectiveness of the law at convicting offenders to determine any modifications that should be made to the law.
- Suggest a change or ratification of the law and explain how your changes will impact society as well as those convicted of the crime.
- Summarize the challenges the prosecution faced in a trial from your research and whether you believe they could have handled the challenges differently.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the ethical concerns that computer crimes raise in society and the impact of information technologies on crime, terrorism, or war.
- Describe the different types of computer attacks.
- Describe federal computer-related laws and legislation.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the investigation of computer crime.
- Write clearly and concisely about computer crime investigation topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions